Friday 9 December 2011

Prayers please: SCYS & Carmelite Young Adults Retreat

Fr Damian, Br Neil, & Br Paul
This weekend, three Carmelite friars and the Southwark Catholic Youth Services team at St Vincents in Whitstable will lead a group of young adults in a time of retreat around the Advent themes of longing, expectation and hope. This Sunday being Gaudate Sunday will also bring an added flavour of joy to the proceedings. Please keep us in prayer as we journey together in faith and hope.


Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing.
In all circumstances give thanks.



We begin this third week of Advent asking to feel the joy
that comes from knowing our Lord's coming to us is near.
In these precious days ahead, we are praying, longing, hoping
in the background of our everyday lives.

His mission is to the poor, the brokenhearted, prisoners and captives.
His mission is for us. It is “good news,” full of healing, liberty and release.
We can smile today as we imagine the freedom he has won for us
and how liberating it will be to live it, with him, for others.
It is right to give our God thanks and praise.

The one who calls you is faithful,
and he will also accomplish it. 1 Thes. 5

As the earth brings forth its plants,
and a garden makes its growth spring up,
so will the Lord GOD make justice and praise
spring up before all the nations. Is. 61



I lift my heart up to you, Lord,
to thank you for the blessings
you shower on me each day.

You are the 'joy of my soul.'
I know that in your great love,
I am held and protected by you.

I pray and listen to the good news you send;
I ask and feel the healing.
I am freed by you
from the things in this world
that let me hide from you.

I rejoice, I rejoice, down to my soul.
Help me to prepare my heart
to be open and able to receive your immense love.



Come, Lord Jesus. Come and visit your people.
We await your coming. Come, O Lord.

Reflection Source: Creighton University Online Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment