Friday 18 March 2011

Lent Day Nine

A Lenten Fast
- Fast from judging others; Feast on Christ dwelling in them.
- Fast from fear of illness; Feast on the healing power of God.
- Fast from words that pollute; Feast on speech that purifies.
- Fast from discontent; Feast on gratitude.
- Fast from anger; Feast on patience.
- Fast from pessimism; Feast on optimism.
- Fast from negatives; Feast on affirmations.
- Fast from bitterness; Feast on forgiveness.
- Fast from suspicion; Feast on trust.
- Fast from gossip; Feast on silence.
- Fast from problems that overwhelm; Feast on the prayer that sustains.
- Fast from worry; Feast on faith.

The First Week of Lent ~ Friday
Creator of my Life,
renew me: bring me to new life in you.
Touch me and make me feel whole again.
Help me to see your love
in the passion, death and resurrection of your son.
Help me to observe Lent
in a way that allows me to celebrate that love.
Prepare me for these weeks of Lent
as I feel both deep sorrow for my sins
and your undying love for me.

1 comment:

  1. Just to say how refreshing I am finding the blog and current posts. Most uplifting. Sincere Thanks to you.

    Looking forward to my next visit to the Priory at Easter Time, all the best to all of you there xx

    ReplyDelete